November 6th, 2013
iOS 7 Settings app come with a “Reduce Motion” setting that can disable the parallax effect and home screen icon animations and zooms. Some has discovered that their iPhone feels “faster and more responsive” with “Reduce Motion” turn on. This is especially true if you are running iOS 7 on an older iPhone such as iPhone 4s.
To turn on “Reduce Motion”, tap General > Accessibility on the Settings app.
Under “Reduce Motion” settings, tap the switch to turn on Reduce Motion.
This Reduce Motion setting is not available in iPhone 4, as by default parallax effect and icon animations are turned off in iPhone 4.
Please also make sure you’re running iOS 7.0.3. In prior version of iOS 7, “Reduce Motion” only disable the parallax effect but it didn’t disable icon effects and animations.
October 25th, 2013
A collection of gradient colour inspired by iOS 7. Build for designer, you can hover over the colour block to get the colour value in hex code.
October 24th, 2013
OS X Mavericks can be run in Mac as old as mid 2007 model. The following are the list of supported Mac models:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
To check the model year of your Mac hardware, click on the Apple icon at the top left of your screen.From the drop down menu, select About This Mac.
Click on “More Info…” at bottom of About This Mac window. This will launch the System Information app.
Right below your Mac model name is the description of the model year of the Mac.
October 23rd, 2013
The definitive OS X review by John Siracusa. Always a good read.
October 22nd, 2013
The media event just ended. As with past few Apple announcements, the predictions from the rumour mills are spot on and there are few surprises. Here are the major highlights:
- OS X Mavericks will be released today and is free.
- Retina Display is now standard for MacBook Pro. New Haswell based 13″ and 15″ MacBook Pro available today. Apple is keeping for sale the last generation MacBook Pro without Retina Display and only 13″ model is available.
- Mac Pro will ship in December starting at $2,999.
- Apple updates its iLife (iPhoto, GarageBand, iMovie) and iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) for iOS and OS X. Free with every new Mac and iOS devices.
- iWork for iCloud updated with new collaboration feature.
- The fifth generation iPad is renamed iPad Air and will be available November 01. iPad 2 will remain available for purchase.
- Apple releases new iPad mini with Retina Display. First generation iPad mini with 16GB remains for sale at $299.
- Both iPad Air and new iPad mini uses the same 64bit A7 processor as in iPhone 5s.
- For the first time, 128G option is available for iPad Air and new iPad mini.
October 22nd, 2013
In quick first look, this guy seems to have too much time trying to use a word processor as graphic editor. But he demonstrates his skills and the power of MS Word built-in graphical tool in this video, and the video is basically an advertisement for his book on MS Word.