With the launch of iPhone OS 3.0 and iPhone 3GS last month, one noticeable missing announcement is a new iPod touch which is a target platform of iPhone OS 3.0. We probably will see the new third generation iPod touch sooner than later, if the Wired.com post is right:
A well-connected source tells us those rumors are on the money, and that Apple’s factories in China are already manufacturing iPod Touch models with integrated cameras and microphones. An Apple spokesman declined to comment when reached by phone.
What we hear so far about the third generation iPod touch:
- look similar to current iPod touch
- 3M camera with VGA video, same as iPhone 3GS
- will spot a microphone which will make it a capable voice-over-IP device
- supports higher Wi-FI speed with 802.11n
- uses the same cpu and graphics processor as iPhone 3GS