Canon comes with great software for their EOS Digital SLR camera. ImageBrowser (ZoomBrowser on Windows), Digital Photo Professional (for RAW file processing) and other utilities software are indispensable if you own a Canon EOS DSLR. The problem is Canon’s distribution policy for their camera software, you need the original CDs that comes with the camera in order to be able to install them on your Mac. The updates available from Canon’s download site are just updates that expect you already have the software installed.
This create problem if you have lost your EOS software CD, or you purchase the camera from another user who has lost the EOS software CD. Turns out that there is an easy way to work around this ‘problem’:
* Download as per normal the latest EOS camera software from Canon’s download site.
* The download is dmg file which will be mounted as volume
* Copy the updater software to your desktop
* Control-click on the updater software and select “Show Package Contents”
* Navigate to the folder Contents > Resources and delete the file “update.plist”
Now you can double click the updater software file and it should install without any issues.