![Replace Tweetie Icon](http://sanziro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/replace-tweetie-icon.png)
[Tweetie for Mac](http://www.atebits.com/tweetie-mac/) is a nicely designed Twitter app for the Mac OS X. Beautifully crafted except for the dock icon. [Matthew Rex](http://www.matthewrex.com/blog/2009/10/10/tweetie-2-phoney/) is kind enough to make available the same icon used in Tweetie 2 for iPhone. Here’s how you can replace the default Tweetie for Mac icon with a new look:
* Download the icons from Marcelo’s blog site. [Link Here](http://www.matthewrex.com/blog/2009/10/10/tweetie-2-phoney/).
* The download contains files and folders. Look inside the folder “ICNS” which has two icon files ‘Tweetie (Metal).icns’ and ‘Tweetie (Gloss).icns’. Choose the one you like and rename it “Tweetie.icns”
* Quit Tweetie if it is running
* Go to you Applications folder and locate the Tweetie app file. Mouse right-click or Ctrl-click to pop up a menu, select the option “Show Package Contents”. The Tweetie app content is displayed in a folder.
* Look under the folder Contents>Resources and you should be able to locate the existing icon file “Tweetie.icns”. Replace it with the one you just downloaded and renamed.
* Close the Tweetie app content folder.
That’s it. If Tweetie is on the dock, remove it from the dock and put it back again to get the new icon.