Base on past announcements, it is a safe bet that Apple will announce iPad 3 in early March. Already, rumor is flying high with a Wednesday March 7 announcement date. Here are some predictions on iPad 3 specification:
- iPad 3 will have a 2048×1536 Retina Display.
- iPad 3 will sport either a dual-core or quad-core A6.
- iPad 3 is likely to sport 4G LTE networking as an option.
- iPad 3 will have a better camera.
- iPad 3’s battery will last longer than iPad 2.
- We hope iPad 3 will include next-gen 802.11ac Wi-Fi networking.
- Siri will be standard software.
- Apple is likely to offer a low cost iPad 2 together.
Update: The Wall Street Journal has confirmed that both Verizon and AT&T will “sell a version of the coming iPad that runs on their newest fourth-generation wireless networks”.