Apple will unveil all about Apple Watch in a media event in less than 10 days. Pricing no doubt is hotly anticipated. When Tim Cook announced Apple Watch in September 2014, the only pricing detail we get is the starting price from $349.
A Chinese website iapps.im has now leaked what could be the actual pricing of Apple Watch.
The cheapest range is Apple Watch Sport at $349 for 38mm silver aluminium version. Guy will need to go for the bigger 42mm version at $379. The price includes the band, and you can buy additional band at $49.
- Silver Aluminium case with White, Blue, Green or Pink strap: $349 (38mm), $379 (42mm). Band also sold separately at $49.
- Space Grey Aluminium case with black strap: $399 (38mm), $429 (42mm). Band also sold separately at $49.
The next line up is simply called Apple Watch that comes in silver stainless steel case.
- With black leather classic strap: $649 (38mm), $749 (42mm). Band also sold separately at $99.
- With Stone, Blue or Light Brown leather loop: $749 (42mm). Band also sold separately at $99.
- With Pink, Blue or Brown leather loop: $699 (38mm). Band also sold separately at $149.
The third range is the high-end Apple Watch Edition, with pricing befitting the rich and famous. For this range, the band is not sold separately, only replacements are available.
- Yellow 19K Solid Gold case, with midnight blue classic leather strap: $6,999 (38mm), $7,999 (42mm).
- Yellow or Rose 18K Solid Gold case, with Rose Gray modern leather strap or Red modern leather strap: $7,999 (38mm).
- Yellow or Rose 18K Solid Gold case, with Yellow or Rose 18k Solid Gold strap: $16,999 (38mm), $19,999 (42mm).
The leaked pricing, as always should be taken with a grain of salt. But there is too much detail to indicate this is likely the final pricing if there is no last minute changes. Are you tempted?