Apple has sent out invitation for iPad 3 launch event on next Wednesday March 7 at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco. The media event is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM Pacific/ 1.00 PM Eastern. Here’s our prediction what will be unveiled during the event:
- iPad 3 with quad-core CPU, retina display and improved camera. Option for LTE network version.
- Low cost iPad 2 model to accompanied iPad 3.
- iOS 5.1.
- Siri for iPad 3 and more language options for Siri.
- Third generation Apple TV set top box with 1080p support.
- 1080p HD video and high definition audio content on iTunes.
- Availability of iTunes Match for more countries.
MacRumors has confirmed that iPad 3’s display is indeed the rumored retina display at 2048×1536 resolution. The conclusion is a result of viewing a purportedly iPad 3 display under microscope.
Apple is expected to announce iPad 3 on 7 March. It is expected that Apple will release iOS 5.1 together with the launch.
Base on past announcements, it is a safe bet that Apple will announce iPad 3 in early March. Already, rumor is flying high with a Wednesday March 7 announcement date. Here are some predictions on iPad 3 specification:
- iPad 3 will have a 2048×1536 Retina Display.
- iPad 3 will sport either a dual-core or quad-core A6.
- iPad 3 is likely to sport 4G LTE networking as an option.
- iPad 3 will have a better camera.
- iPad 3’s battery will last longer than iPad 2.
- We hope iPad 3 will include next-gen 802.11ac Wi-Fi networking.
- Siri will be standard software.
- Apple is likely to offer a low cost iPad 2 together.
Update: The Wall Street Journal has confirmed that both Verizon and AT&T will “sell a version of the coming iPad that runs on their newest fourth-generation wireless networks”.
When Apple product release news is published by Wall Street Journal, it is safe bet that it is true. According to report from Taipei, Apple has ordered components for new iPad for a early 2012 launch.
The next generation iPad is expected to feature a high resolution display – 2048 by 1536 compared with 1024 by 768 in the iPad 2 – and Apple’s suppliers have already shipped small quantities of components for the sampling of the iPad 3. Suppliers said Apple has placed orders for a 9.7-inch screen device.
There is no surprise that a new iPad will come in early 2012, if you expect Apple to keep to its annual refresh cycle. This news squashes another rumor suggesting iPad 3 will release this fall for the Christmas shopping season.
Wall Street Journal: Apple developing new iPad