If you are the lone iPhone 4 owner among friends and family, you can try out FaceTime with Apple staffs. Yup, just dial 1-888-FaceTime during office hour and an Apple rep will FaceTime chat with you. One plus for Apple for coming out with such marketing effort.
![I Movie 4](http://sanziro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/i_movie_4.png)
iMovie for iPhone is now on the App Store, few hours before the launch of iPhone 4. At $4.99, it is the first app that specifically requires the horse power of iPhone 4 hardware.
If you are the lucky one who has an iPhone 4 with you, check out the support documents for iMovie for iPhone 4:
[iMovie for iPhone 4 FAQ](http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4174)
[Exporting HD movies from iMovie for iPhone](http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4233)
[iMovie for iPhone 4 iTunes link](http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id377298193?mt=8)
Bad news for people who want their iPhone 4 white. Apple has issued a statement that white iPhone 4 will not be available until the second half of July. That’s about one month wait.
June 23, 2010
Statement by Apple on White iPhone 4
White models of Apple’s new iPhone® 4 have proven more challenging to manufacture than expected, and as a result they will not be available until the second half of July. The availability of the more popular iPhone 4 black models is not affected.
As if iPhone 4 is not selling quick enough, we now have confirmed report that it will sport a cool 512MB of RAM memory. This is twice the 256MB RAM in iPhone 3GS and iPad. The original iPhone and iPhone 3G in contrast contain only 128MB of RAM.
![Iphone 4 Order](http://sanziro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/iphone_4_order.png)
If you’re pre-ordering iPhone 4 now from [Apple Store](http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=OTY2ODA2OQ), the shipping date is stated as July 14. This is a 3-weeks wait for iPhone 4 from its launch date on June 24!
Will the high demand for the iPhone 4 pre-orders in the US results in delay for its launch in second wave countries? Apple in [its iPhone 4 announcement press release](http://sanziro.com/2010/06/22-things-about-iphone-4.html) stated that iPhone 4 will be launched in 18 more countries in end July. These second waves countries are Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
The whole pre-order exercise for iPhone 4 on June 15 looks pretty chaotic. The Apple Store and AT&T servers are severely trashed during the first few pre-order opening hours. Some were able to place their orders while others had to constantly try and try. The same day launch of Apple Store app for the iPhone adds to the frustration of many who just could not get through with their orders, some have reported having better luck using the iPhone version of App Store. There are even tweets that advised people to use Safari instead of Firefox for a better luck.
Luck is indeed what you need if you craved for the hotties to be on your hand on launch day June 24. As Apple Store/AT&T has already sold out the stocks for the launch day delivery. Apple Store is now showing July 2 as delivery date for new order.
“Because of the incredible interest in iPhone 4, today was the busiest online sales day in AT&T history,” AT&T said in a statement. “As of Tuesday afternoon, customers who preorder iPhone 4 moving forward will receive their device on June 25 or later, depending on when the order is placed.”
Fret not, AT&T said it will have a limited number of devices available on a first-come, first-serve basis in its retail stores beginning on launch day, June 24. Expect long queue and get ready for an over-night queue if you want to be the first in line.
Wondering how many millions iPhone 4 Apple sold on the pre-order day? Send us tips if you have any info.
We now know Apple sold more than 600,000 iPhone 4 in its first day. Apple [issued a statement](http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/06/16iphone.html) on the iPhone 4 pre-orders yesterday:
Yesterday Apple and its carrier partners took pre-orders for more than 600,000 of Apple’s new iPhone 4. It was the largest number of pre-orders Apple has ever taken in a single day and was far higher than we anticipated, resulting in many order and approval system malfunctions. Many customers were turned away or abandoned the process in frustration. We apologize to everyone who encountered difficulties, and hope that they will try again or visit an Apple or carrier store once the iPhone 4 is in stock.
In Steve Jobs’s keynote at WWDC 2010 announcing the iPhone 4, FaceTime video calling is placed as the last “One more thing…” feature. When you visit Apple web page on [iPhone 4 features](http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/), FaceTime is prominently placed as the first main feature of iPhone 4. Many are wondering why Apple is putting emphasis on a ‘new’ feature that is available in other smartphones for years.
Is Apple doing catch up with iPhone 4 and FaceTime? Apple somehow ‘enlarge’ this impression as FaceTime will be WiFi only initially.
What Apple’s trying to do is more significant: iPhone 4 and FaceTime could well be the catalyst for the resurgence of video telephony. How many of you or people around you are doing video calling regularly on your Nokia or HTC smartphones? iPhone 4 and FaceTime have the potential to make video calling mainstream and common, and this is the essence of what Apple meant by “This changes everything. Again” for iPhone 4.
Again, Apple is doing things right rather than doing it first by putting emphasis on usability and user experience. Also, by delaying the rollout for FaceTime on 3G, Apple can make sure that 3G is adequate enough to handle the traffic required by video calling.
Steve Jobs announced the 4th generation iPhone at WWDC conference on June 07. We can’t possibly covered the more than 100 features for the new iPhone and software, here is the concise guide to the new and ‘not-so-new’ essentials:
1. It is aptly named iPhone 4. It is the first hardware from Apple to use versioning number as product name. It is refreshing indeed compare to something like “iPhone HD”. And Apple is branding it “This changes everything. Again.”.
2. iPhone 4 will be available June 24 in US, France, Germany, UK and Japan. Retail at $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for the 32GB model, and can choose black or white color model. Pre-order starts June 15. Apple will release iPhone 4 in 18 more countries in end July (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland). iPhone 4 will be available in 88 countries by September.
3. With iPhone 4 release on June 24, iPhone 3G will be discontinued. While iPhone 3GS will then be available in an 8G version for $99. This is the same practice when Apple release iPhone 3GS last year by keeping iPhone 3G as a low cost option.
4. The all new design is the same one that is leaked by Gizmodo. Now we know the metal frame is stainless steel and not aluminum. This frame is also served as antenna for the communication signals (bluetooth, wifi, GPS, GSM, UMTS etc) and aluminum is not suitable as it a weak conductor. Aluminum is used for most of Apple’s notebook design.
5. iPhone 4 is 9.3mm thick and Apple called it the thinnest smartphone on the planet. It is 24% thinner than iPhone 3GS.
6. It has an additional mic on top beside the headset jack to serve as noise cancellation purpose.
7. iPhone 4 has a high density 960×640 display screen Apple called Retina Display. The resolution is 4x that of iPhone 3GS with the same 3.5 inch size. The display has an 800:1 contrast ratio which is 4x better and uses IPS LCD technology. The 326 pixels per inch density makes the screen has the sharpness of paper print. Existing app will work just fine but will look better.
8. iPhone 4 is using Apple A4 processor, the same one that is used in iPad. There is no stated memory size but most believed it has 256MB ram as in the iPad.
9. microSIM is used instead of standard size SIM card to save space.
10. The battery is significantly larger with much improved battery life: 7 hours 3G talk, 6 hours 3G browsing, 10 hours WiFi browsing, 10 hours video, 40 hours music and 300 hour standby.
11. iPhone 4 supports quad-band HSDPA/HSUPA with up to 7.2 Mbps.
12. The WiFi in iPhone 4 is now 802.11n capable, significantly boosting WiFi speed.
13. iPhone 4 has a new 3 axis gyroscope. Together with accelerometer, 6-axis motion sensing is now possible.
14. iPhone 4 has a new camera system, with 5 megapixel camera at the back that has backside illuminated sensor, an LED flash, 5x digital zoom and has a wider angle than iPhone 3GS. The front camera has a VGA resolution meant for video calling purpose.
15. iPhone 4 takes 720HD video at 30fps.
16. Apple will release iMovie for iPhone, allowing you to edit movie with transition, apply theme all with iPhone. It will be $4.99 available soon on App Store.
17. Apple rebranded iPhone OS to iOS. Great! iOS 4.0 will be released June 21 for iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch as free upgrade. It will be free for iPod touch for first time. Not all iOS 4 feature will be available for iPhone 3G and second-generation iPod touch. For example multitasking is not available. Developer can download new Gold Master beta version now.
18. There are more than 1500 new features in iOS 4.0. The main one includes multitasking, new home screen folder and unified inbox for mail.
19. In addition to Google and Yahoo!, Bing is now an option for search on iOS 4.0.
20. iBooks and iBookstore will be added to iOS 4. You can purchase one time and read the book on all iOS devices. New in iBook is the support to read PDF documents, in addition to the epub format documents.
21. iAds will be launched July 01 for all iOS devices. Major has been roped in including Nissanm Citi, Unilever, AT&T, Disney, Target, Best Buy etc.
22. Apple is calling iPhone 4 video calling feature FaceTime. It is iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 calling with no setup required. It requires WiFi and Apple is working with carriers to enable 3G calling.
Apple iPhone 4 Press Release below.