Here is a quick summaries for the Apple media event just ended:
* Steve is on stage to showcase its flagship stores in Shanghai, Paris and London. Apple has stores 10 countries: US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Japan, Australia and China.
* There are now over 120 million iOS devices shipped, with 230,000 new iOS activations per day (not including updates). There are 200 apps downloaded every second.
* There are now over 250,000 apps and 25,000 of which are iPad apps.
* iOS 4.1 will be released next week. Bug fixes include proximity, Bluetooth and iPhone 3G slowness. New features: HDR photos, HD video upload over WiFi, TV show rentals and Game Centre.
* iOS 4.2 sneak peak: Wireless printing and AirPlay (renamed from AirTunes) allowing streaming audio, video & photos over WiFi.
* iOS 4.2 coming in November for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Free updates.
* There are over 275 million iPods sold. All iPod range got new models this year, biggest iPod update ever.
* iPod shuffle: button is back. Playlists, Genius mixes, VoiceOver and its square in shape. Comes in 5 colors, 2GB, 15 hour battery life, priced at $49.
* iPod nano: no more click wheel, multi-touch screen, square in shape, comes with clip (no more armbands), VoiceOver, Genius Mixes, FM radio, Nike+, pedometer, 29 languages, 24 hour battery life. Six colors, $149 for 8GB version, $179 for 16GB version.
* iPod touch: most popular iPod. Outsells Nintendo and Sony portables combined. Retina Display at 326ppi, 24bit color, LED backlit, Apple A4 chip, 3-axis Gyro, iOS 4.1, FaceTime with front camera, rear camera with HD video recording, 40 hours music playback. $229 for 8GB, $299 for 32GB and $399 for 64GB. Available next week with pre-order starting today.
* iTunes: 11.7 billion songs, 450 million TV episodes, 100 million movies, 35 million books, 160 million accounts with credit cards.
* iTunes 10: new logo ditch the CD. More elegant and simple. Available today.
* iTunes Ping: social network for music and concerts. Discover what your friends are listening to. See your activity from within iTunes. Find people and follow them. Follow and be followed. Invite frined from Facebook or by email. Get customized top ten chart of what people you followed are downloading. Post your thoughts & opinions. And Lady Gaga posted “I am watching all my little monsters on iTunes Ping”.
* Apple TV: Steve’s “one more hobby”. New Apple TV one forth of the size of current Apple TV which you can fit in your palm. Matt black color. HDMI, USB, Optical audio, Ethernet, Wifi 802.11n, comes with white remote. You rent everything, all rentals and store nothing in it. Stream music, photos, video from computer, no syncing. Silent and cool. First run HD movie rental at $4.99. Commercial free HD TV show renting is 99 cents. ABC and Fox is onboard. On top of renting, can stream Netflix, watch YouTube, photos from Flickr and MobileMe. New interface with Rotten Tomatoes movie rating integrated. And you can push video or photo on your iPad to Apple TV. Price is $99. Available in 4 weeks, pre-order today.